Addiscombe Neighbourhood Care Association (ANCA)
Telephone: 020 8654 5062
The Addiscombe Neighbourhood Care Association (ANCA) is a Registered Charity providing practical help, advice, support and community activities to the people of Addiscombe and its immediate environs.
ANCA is based at St Mildred’s Centre on Bingham Road, Addiscombe CR0 7EB
Croydon Neighbourhood Care Association
Telephone: Main Line: 020 8662 1000
Befriending Line: 020 8654 4440
- CNCA is an infrastructure charity with a significant membership of Groups and Neighbourhood Cares across Croydon; all of whom provide essential support services for the over 65s. CNCA provides capacity building, fundraising support, information forums, advice and training support.
- They run an offical Disclosure & Barring Counter-Signatory service.
- They have the only complex Befriending service in Croydon, providing home visits to frail, elderly, housebound people with complex needs and often a dementia diagnosis.
Davidson Lodge, Freemasons Road Croydon CR0 6PD
Croham Hurst Good Neighbours
https://www.chgn.co.uk/ 020 8649 9678
Croham Hurst Good Neighbours is for helping anyone in need within the Croham Hurst area of South Croydon through the use of Volunteers. Examples of the help provided are: Shopping bus trips (Sainsbury's Purley Way Tuesday mornings); Personal shopping; Occasional transportation; Visiting the lonely and befriending; Social outings; Dog walking; Basic gardening (not regular). Our Target Group are the Elderly & Disabled.
CHGN Office, Side entrance of Baptist Church, Croham Road, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 7DR, United Kingdom
Purley and Coulsdon Clubs for the Elderly
Telephone: 020 8668 2270
Purely and Coulsdon Clubs for the Elderly (PACE) are available from Wednesday to Friday and offer help for carer's and the elderly. They are able to take people shopping and offer a seated exercise class for those who want to engage in gentle exercise.
The office is open Wednesday 11.30am to 3.30pm, Thursday 10am to 3pm and Fridays 10.30am to 2pm.
Address: Dorothy Morby Centre, 119 Lansdowne Road, Purley, SurreyCR8 2PE
Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care
020 8657 8289 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanderstead Neighbourhood Care caters for the elderly community in and around Sanderstead. They offer a daily shopping bus and a Friday lunch club.
All Saints Church Hall, Onslow Gardens, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 9AB, United Kingdom
Selsdon Centre for Retired
0208 651 1111 http://www.selsdoncentre.org.uk/
The Centre provides a lunch club and many activities for retired people and the local community in Selsdon. Our aim in running the centre is to prevent our elderly from becoming lonely, isolated and clinically depressed. Most importantly, we help them to remain independent and in their own homes for as long as possible. Positive mental health and wellbeing for clients is at the heart of all our services and we arrange projects such as singing group and horticultural therapy for clients to benefit from which we apply for funding to support.
The Selsdon Centre for the Retired (in the Sainsbury's building)
132 Addington Road, Selsdon, South Croydon Surrey CR2 8LA
Shirley Neighbourhood Care Scheme
Telephone 020 8662 9599 www.shirleyneighbourhoodcare.co.uk
Lunch Club, Shopping Bus, Befriending, Medical Transport, Film Club, Outings
Shirley Methodist Church, Eldon Avenue Croydon CR0 8SD
Looking for friendship over 60?
The Silver Line 0800 470 8090
A free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year
Call in Time - A free telephone friendship service for people 60 and over.
How does telephone friendship work?
We have two different telephone friendship services available.
- Regular telephone friendship service. We match over-60s with a friendly volunteer for a weekly chat. Our service has helped create hundreds of new friendships, and many people tell us their calls are the highlight of their week. To get started, just tell us a bit about yourself and we’ll do the rest.
- A 24-hour helpline service. This is run by our partner charity, The Silver Line. It’s a free 24-hour helpline which people can call for a chat, day or night. Whatever the reason, we’re here to listen.
You will need to sign up via the website www.ageuk.org.uk/services/befriending-services/sign-upfor-telephone-befriending