Coulsdon councillors have been lobbying for resurfacing works for a long time. Now we’re finally seeing some action.
There will inevitably be much disruption during the works which started at the start of the school holidays. The temporary traffic arrangements will last for four weeks (hopefully less). The situation is always worse at the start of such works but the situation should improve over the coming days.
These are the arrangements that are in place:
• Temporary signals south bound only - Brighton Road
• Road closure north bound between Lion Green Road & Chipstead Valley Road
• Road Closure Chipstead Valley Road at the junction with Brighton Road (access to residents and businesses maintained)
• Banned right turn out of Aldi car park
• Temporary signals inside Aldi car park to control the flow of traffic
• Bus diversion via Farthing Way
We and the Council will keep monitoring the traffic management and suggest tweaks if any issues arise.
Assurances have been sought that the work is being carried out to a high specification and that there is proper oversight to ensure the works are long lasting, will survive the rigours of extreme weather conditions and the frequent buses and HGV's that drive through Coulsdon.