I received this scam email earlier today - it follows a familiar pattern which I hope is becoming familiar to regular readers.
1) There's no reason why my direct debit should suddenly have failed, because I haven't recently changed my bank account.
2) My TV Licence is not due to be paid for several months
3) The sending email address is obviously suspect
4) It's ALWAYS VERY dodgy to click on any link in an unexpected email. This one goes to an unidentified site which is definitely not connected to the TVLA.
I have forwarded it to firstname.lastname@example.org which is the Government's official monitoring site.
4) Licence as a noun is spelled LICENCE, but as a verb is spelled LICENSE !