Purley & Woodcote has received more planning applications than any other ward in Croydon besides Fairfield, which is the town centre. As such, I’m used to notifications of new planning applications coming in and lodging objections/referrals where necessary.
I wanted to alert residents to some new applications which have recently come in and encourage you to make your representations known if you live close by.
Either myself or my ward colleague, Cllr Simon Brew will be referring these applications to the Planning Committee. Our other ward colleague, Cllr Holly Ramsey is unable to do this as she is currently a member of the Planning Committee and is therefore required to remain neutral.
A referral from a councillor means if Council officers recommend approval, the application will automatically go to the Planning Committee for consideration. However, we still urge residents to give their views so officers and the Committee recognise the strength of feeling.
- 88 Hartley Down, Purley - 22/02083/FUL | Alterations conversion to form 1 two bedroom flat and 1 four bedroom first and second floor maisonette: erection of single/two storey side/rear extension with dormer extensions in rear roof slope and rooflights at front, and steps down from first floor to rear garden: Bin store to the existing original front location and cycle storage to the rear garden. The deadline for receiving comments is Friday 3rd February.
- 7 Smitham Bottom Lane, Purley - 22/05098/FUL | Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of 7 houses including car parking, cycling storage and associated landscaping and other alterations. The deadline for receiving comments is Friday 10th February.
- Armston, Woodcote Drive, Purley - 22/05258/FUL | Demolition of the existing dwelling and the construction of a three-storey building to provide 8 no. flats comprising 5x 2 bed and 3 x 3 bed units together with the provision of 8 car parking spaces, cycle parking, waste collection facilities, external amenity space and landscaping – The deadline for receiving comments is Monday 20th February.
- 57-59 Selcroft Road, Purley - 23/00099/FUL | Demolition of the 2 existing detached houses and the construction of a part four/part five storey building including basement carparking level to provide 18 flats, new vehicle access, 18 car parking spaces, cycle and waste storage, landscape garden. The deadline for receiving comments is Monday 20th February.
- Use the online comments facility following instruction on the online planning register;
- Email email@example.com;
- Or send a letter to: Development Management, Sustainable Communities, Regeneration and Economic Recovery Department, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA.
Please quote the application number in any correspondence.
As a councillor, I am determined to stand up on behalf of local residents and challenge inappropriate applications that constitute overdevelopment and will speak against these planning applications if they go to Committee.
Cllr Samir Dwesar